A Message to Our Customers
To our valued customers:
At 1st National Bank of Scotia, the health and well-being of our customers, employees and the communities we serve is our top priority.
- Our drive thru is open normal hours and the lobby is closed to the public.
- All transactions will be handled through the drive up. Individuals without vehicles are welcome to walk through.
- If you have an inquiry for a loan, safe deposit box or any other banking need our team is available, but please call to make an appointment.
- We encourage customers to use online banking and mobile banking during this time.
- We are limiting routine in person withdrawals to $5,000. You will need to make a request for larger withdrawals. We will place the order and let you know what day it is available. (Processing large withdrawals isn’t an issue; we just need to allow time for placing the cash orders.)
During these uncertain times we will continue to be community leaders and help our customers and communities continue to thrive. Should you find yourself in need of assistance with banking services or are experiencing financial difficulty, please contact your local branch or your loan officer for assistance.
Please see below for helpful advice with your financial needs and alternate banking options during this situation.
Online & Mobile Banking Services
We encourage you to use our digital tools that allow you to access your accounts without having to make a trip to the bank.
Online Banking and the 1st Scotia Mobile Banking app allow you to view transactions, check balances, pay bills, and make transfers. Additionally, Mobile Banking offers the opportunity to make a deposit, simply by snapping a photo of a check.
Enrolling in online banking only takes a moment. Enroll now.
To download the 1st Scotia Mobile app, please visit your app store. You must enroll in online banking first.
Learn more about the Senate CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) program and how we can assist you.
If you have an inquiry for a loan or need to access your safe deposit box, we ask that you call to make an appointment, or use the Contact page to reach the appropriate team.
- Scotia Office 370-7201
- Niskayuna Office 370-7245
- Colonie Office 370-7250
- Guilderland Office 370-7255
- Glenville Office 370-7260
- Erie Boulevard Office 370-7265
- Saratoga Office 587-1611
- Rotterdam Office 370-7285
- Clifton Park Office 370-7290
Watch for fraud attempts
Criminals often increase their efforts to take advantage of the uncertainty people are feeling. Fraudsters look for ways to gain trust and information they can use to obtain access to your personal or banking information, often through suspicious calls or emails. If we legitimately reach out to you via phone, email, or written correspondence, we will never ask you to provide or verify your full social security number or account number, passwords or security questions. When in doubt, please call us.
As many of you are aware the government stimulus package includes direct payments to many of you. If eligible to receive a payment, you will receive the funds in the same manner your previous income tax refund was issued. Either direct deposit on file with the IRS or a check by mail. Please remember no one from the Federal Government will call you regarding these payments.
Debit & Credit Card Use
- We recommend using your debit and credit cards during this time because they don’t change hands like cash.
- If you choose to clean your debit or credit cards, please use a damp cotton cloth and non-abrasive soap to wipe the card and then dry it thoroughly with a cotton towel.
- Mobile Wallet. Store your credit card or debit card information on your mobile device to have the option of paying with your phone at participating merchants. Your 1st National cards can be used with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay.